Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm Done With People - It's Hikes, Books, Beagles & Legos for Me

Just coming off a couple of days full of fresh evidence that, well, people just generally suck.  No, it's not me getting the shaft right now.  It's my brother.  And in an incredibly cruel and painful way.

I've never had my two little beagles hurt me like my brother has been hurt.  I absolutely ache for him right now. My books, my legos, my hikes and my cameras are enough and haven't let me down yet.

Seriously, I'm done with people.

Latest Lego set:


And from my hike this last weekend:


6 comments:

  1. I like your Legos' display- very nice. And, LOVED your lake photo. It looks COLD.

    I am sorry your brother is being treated atrociously. If you want, I will gladly dress in black and go with you to take care of the "hurters". I am serious. I will "black ninja in the dark" with you.

    Sending love and respect. Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I know we have never met. But, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for you. You remind me of a man I dated many years ago- he, too, loved his Beagles. Maybe that is it. Or, maybe it is just that I really like your honesty, sense of humor and your ability to be kind and include people. That has meant a lot to me. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well goodness Duck. Thanks for the display of fierceness. It's always good to have angry water fowl on one's side. Sadly for my brother, it is his own children who have hurt him in a way I've never seen him hurt before. I fear the damage is permanent.

    My ability to "be kind and include people" huh? Well, I'm at a loss on that one. But right now I'll take a compliment where I can get one.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to write a different blog, under a different "screen" name. You were always so kind to read it and make comments on it. That is what I mean by you including people. I felt like you included me and it made a huge difference for me.

    And, yes, ducks, well, they do get rather feisty. :)

    ESPECIALLY when it is someone's own children that has hurt someone.

    (I have been dealing exactly with this same thing. My sister's youngest daughter has done and said things no one should ever say to her worst enemy, least of all her mother. I did the "tough love" thing and told this niece exactly what I thought about it, how I did not know that my sweet "e" could be so cruel and mean. I told her that while I loved her, I could not willingly be a part of someone's life who had so little respect for her own mother. So, I have distanced myself greatly. Which is HUGE as I have been a second mother to this girl.)

    So, I believe I know what you are feeling and understand, sadly, your pain and your brother's pain.

    I still stand by my claim to dress in black and go "ninja" someone for you, if you want or need. ALWAYS.

    Happy night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I had to delete the comment because of very bad grammar. I am a stickler like that...)

    P.S. In case you wondered, the man I dated, whom you remind me of, was very significant in my life. We came very close to getting married when I lived in Europe. He was a Captain in the Air Force and I lived there, teaching High School and playing basketball.

    Even after he married, he remained a good and trustworthy friend for years and years. We stayed in contact for the next many many years. When I came out to him, it did not phase him in the least.

    He (his name is John) has been the most supportive male friend I have had in my entire life. So, telling you that you remind me of him was THE highest compliment I could give you, not having ever met you in real life. :) You and he look a lot like each other.

    ReplyDelete