Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekends Aren't All They Are Cracked Up To Be

I like work. Weekends, not so much really even if I still look forward to them.

At work I don't think about anything ... except work.  There are plenty of things to do and people who need me to keep my mind off the missed opportunities and mistakes of my past, the blandness of my now and the dim prospects for my future.

Too much work filling spaces during the weekends. Sure there are hikes, Harley rides and beagle walks. But there's way too much time to think about my life. And that is something I don't care to do.

With all due respect, sometimes I'm a real believer in the un examined life.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, me, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's nice to have company. And at the same time I'm sorry that I do.

      Delete
  2. There's a saying that I believe 100%: "That which we resist, persists." I am afraid to say, but from my own experience, I have learned that the times I do NOT wish to examine my life are the EXACT times I NEED to examine. I know you do not want to, but, honestly, the work I have done to examine my life has been so worth it, all the hard and sad things I have had to look at. Now, I am on the other side of all that and feel so much joy and happiness in each and every moment. And, I can sit with myself very easily.

    I know- I am such a pain in the tush for saying what I said. But, you want me to be honest. And, I am trying to be.

    I love you. Hang in there. I hope you will find the peace you need. Happy day, Duck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the lovely Duck. Having follow you for some time now, I realize that you have worked through many things and have come out the other side all the better for having done so.

      As I mentioned "sometimes" I'm a believer in the unexamined life. But sometimes I take a hard look at myself, what I've done, what has been done to me and what might happen in the future. Never fear, I don't stick my head in the sand - at least not all the time. Just some of the time.

      That's the best I can do!

      PS - When are you buying that Sportster???

      Delete
  3. I did not know you read my blog. I am touched. Thank you. And, yes, I have been through a thing or two in my life, one of which is having been in love with the love of my life, dealing with health issues, and other serious and profound things.

    About the Sportster- it is on hold for a while. I am dealing with quite a serious health issue at the moment and it has to be my first priority, to heal. I have missed weeks of work because of it, I do not want to have to have anything else amputated so I am trying to be good, healthy, very conservative, and no motorcycle riding for the time being. But, I would love to have a new Sportster... really!!

    I love you. Thank you for your friendship! Happy night, Duck

    ReplyDelete