Sunday, July 4, 2010

Down on My Knees

Ok, get your mind out of the gutter.  Or, if your mind ventures in a more elevated direction, no I wasn’t praying.

New Flowers - July 3 10
I spent my Saturday morning on my knees putting in weed barrier, planting flowers and adding bark.  The whole family is coming to my house for a July 4 BBQ, so I decided the embarrassing dirt piles posing as planters had to be addressed.  And the pool needed to be sparkly too!  Even the Beagles will be getting a bath.

P7040755
I’m excited for today.  I usually have the whole family here once a year – this is it.  And with my dad and his wife back from their mission, everyone who is left will be in attendance.  My mom and sister have passed, which is hard, but it’s fun for the rest of us to get together.


I still have to go buy butter, those corn-on-the-cob spikey thingies and other miscellaneous accoutrements.  But I’m just about ready for the fun.  On a side note, the planting of flowers (and having enjoyed doing so!) is an OGC right?  Happy 4th everyone.

1 comment: