Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kissing, Identity Disorders, Witchcraft and Self Love

Kissing - I recently read the following statistic.  I haven't a clue whether it is accurate or not (my source is somewhat dubious - Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - Golden Plunger Awards).  But, if it is true, what the hell happened to me? Let's just say I'm a big factor in keeping the average down and leave it at that.

"An average person spends about 20,160 minutes of their life kissing."

    
And another thing.  Is Christine O'Donnell really, really, the best the Republican Party has to offer?  As a former Republican who can still appreciate a reasoned center-right approach and the intelligence and rational arguments of thoughtful people who have conservative values, WTF.  I mean, besides hating all things gay (we, after all, suffer from an "identity disorder" says the former dabbler in witchcraft), she has waged a single handed (sorry, but some of us require two hands Ms. O'Donnell) war against the evils of self love.  This is what passes for a serious politician these days.

So, I find myself realizing that I am a kiss-less, identity disordered, two handed self lover who sadly hasn't explored my inner witch.  Maybe I should run for the Senate from Delaware so the good citizens of that charmingly tiny state (a veritable Lichtenstein of the United States!) can have a clear and distinct choice.

2 comments:

  1. Only about 2 weeks of kissing? I'm despondent. :(


    On baton bopping, too much of it can be a burden, specially when done at the times of the day when you need the most energy. Maybe Ms. O'Donnell is trying to raise the productivity of the American work force. The less time spent skinning the weasel, the more time spent on work, the more time spent on work, the more generated income, the more generated income, the quicker we get out of this dang recession! It's genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly certain I'm one of the people that skews that kissing average higher....

    Also, Christine O'Donnell at the very least holds some entertainment value. Every day I see a new video that makes me laugh. I.e., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zHYVkuwxiM&feature=player_embedded

    Honestly, though, my biggest problem with her is that she doesn't seem to have a job other than running for office. Well, maybe not as big as the general crazy, but it's up there.

    ReplyDelete