Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yes, Homosexuals are Abnormal

According to Webster’s II New College Dictionary (2001), the adjective “abnormal” means:

Departing from the normal

Since most people are, in fact, heterosexual, not homosexual, homosexuals are by definition abnormal.  Today, it dawned on me that the proper response should be “so what?” or even perhaps “hurray for us gays.”

Think about it.  Being abnormal is often a compliment.  For instance, most folks would like to be:

Abnormally intelligent
Abnormally good looking
Abnormally wealthy
Abnormally healthy
Abnormally wise

And another thing.  It occurs to me that Mormons take a certain pride in being a “peculiar” (which my dictionary tells me means unusual or eccentric: odd) people.  One might say LDS folks take abnormal pride in being peculiar.

Sheep
So if it’s good sometimes to be abnormal, and if being homosexual is one of those good abnormalities, why is it that I’d rather be straight?  I think it’s because I want to “baaaaa” with the rest of the sheep.

6 comments:

  1. Your statement "one might say LDS folks take abnormal pride in being peculiar" made me laugh. :) Very clever.

    I like your take on "abnormal" and I would love to partake in the "abnormally wealthy" these days. :)

    happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny, but would your really like to be straight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of my fellow peers " Thank you Captain Obvious."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say you want to be straight? Really? I don't think that being straight is any easier than being gay. It is a scary world out there and BTW, cool new picture!! :-)
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol that is so funny and true. The guys in my ward always fight over who is the best in something or another. None of them just wants to be normal.

    ReplyDelete