2. Speaking of variety, why is it necessary to have so many options for drying one's hands in public restrooms? I mean, a single restroom will often have two or more choices. Paper towels with multiple subcategories such as single towel dispensers (you know the ones that, when you pull one out, you often end up with 10, which you stack neatly on the counter), crank dispensers, lever dispensers, automatic dispensers and simple pull dispensers. Then there are the air dryers, including the new ones where you stick your hands in a little trough and pull them out like when you drive your car through the dryer at the automatic car wash. Of course, some types are now extinct. Anyone remember the cloth loops? I think you have to be 35 or older to remember those. Makes sense that they are gone if you think about it. Even when I was little I always was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of someone wiping their hands on the same towel. I mean, what if they didn't use soap?
My point is, and yes there really is one, why do we complicate life so? My house is full of electronic gadgets of every variety. I have spent countless frustrating hours learning to use them, all to make life easier and more convenient I tell myself. And then, often as not, they end up forgotten in a drawer like abandoned stuffed animals. I think we just crave complication. And yet I love to do simple things like hike, but of course must bring my camera, iPhone and DeLorme GPS (one of my latest purchases) along.
3. Speaking of hiking, here are a few pictures from Ralston Peak near Lake Tahoe:
![]() |
| Lake Tahoe in the Background |
4. If you got to the end here, I just want to finish by reiterating that I would like to have sex at least once before I die - with someone other than myself I mean. I've carped about this before, so I'm just being a whiny little b*(*h, but seriously it would be nice. I'm to the point that I would honestly rent some love if I could be sure (a) I wouldn't be arrested, and (b) I wouldn't get a disease. It would be nice, too, if the service provider enjoyed his job. See, I'd really much rather prefer to have more than just a hump session. But at this point I'd settle for it.
5. Have a good Saturday and rest of the weekend. If you tolerated this bizarre post, you deserve it!


No comments:
Post a Comment