Monday, October 24, 2011

If I Wrote a Personal Ad

Here's what it would say:

43 yo gay swm looking for love.  Me:  Short, balding and paunchy with lots of life baggage, emotional and otherwise. Into photography, day hikes in the mountains, Lego building and movie watching.  You be:  Under 30, incredibly good looking in a Neil Patrick Harris kind of way, and fit.  Must be willing to tolerate a moody, hard-to-please, middle-aged dude whose idea of an exciting weekend is watching the Star Wars Trilogy (the real ones from pre-1990) and reading books.  Must love Beagles and sleeping with a fan on all night.

And that is why I don't do personal ads.

5 comments:

  1. :-)

    You never know... That internet is world-wide!
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the moody part, it sounds pretty good!

    Shame, though, about the under 30 thing.

    * le sigh *

    I didn't know you served in Québec, though! I served under Dickson, 90-92. Cap Rouge, Repentigny, Hochelaga, St Eustache, Hull, St Jean sur Richelieu.

    Small, small world … 

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Miguel: Always the optimist! That's what I love about you.

    @Silus: Well, I'm flexible on the 30 thing. Just a hypocrite. Can't be an out of shape, smelly old coot like me :).

    Me: Rasband 88-89. Kingston, Riviere-du-Loup, St. Leonard, Quebec City, Charlesbourg and Verdun. Would have liked to have gone to Hull (yuck, yuck)- or somewhere in the Ottawa area. Small world indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Can't be an out of shape, smelly old coot like me"

    Wait, but you wish that upon an under 30-something in shape, non-smelly & non-coot? At least give the older, smellier, cootier (sp?) crowd a chance, their senses are not as keen and they might be able to forgo all the other stuff too, just sayin' Mon Amie!
    Hugs-again,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay ... I had as much fun reading the comments (and xchanging mission areas) as I did the "personal ad".

    Thanks. Fun stuff going on. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete