My dog passed away this morning. I just wanted to share that with my new blogger friends. It's hard to explain how attached I was to her. I have had her for 15 years and she has been a good and loyal friend through some awfully hard times. Despite the fact that I didn't always take as good of care of her as I should have.
I don't know what I will do without her to greet me at the door when I come home from work. It brings home how alone I am.
I didn't expect it to be this hard, but it is.
I know how difficult this must be for you. We become very attached to our pets and mourning their loss is normal.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. My dog is 17 and am already worrying about losing him. They can fill such a vital role in our lives. My thoughts go out to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, we had a dog for nearly as long. Longer than my brother had been around even. It was terrible.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your friend. Although I call mine 'the stupid dog' I can't even bear the thought of not having it around; he has made a lot of dark days and nights more bearable...
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you from here,pl
Thank you to all of you for your warm thoughts. Still hurting, but going to work today helped a lot. It's just weird after 15 years to come home and not have her waiting for me.
ReplyDeletePL, I used to call her the "dumb dog" too!
Definitely sorry for your loss. I feel your pain! My best buddy Ozzie passed away last November. I miss him a lot. He was a good dog.
ReplyDeleteIt's okay that it's difficult, because she's was with you for so long, and now she's not. No matter what justification we use to try and ease the emotion, it doesn't change the fact that you've lost a really good friend, a friend who loved you for anything and everything. That's what I miss the most about Ozzie.
Hugs,
Amy
Drakames: I agree 100% with "a friend who loved you for anything and everything." That's totally how I felt about Shadow. Thanks.
ReplyDelete