Sunday, March 10, 2013

Almost

I came real close to random sex from Craigslist.  Sometimes the Pon Farr is just that strong.  Luckily I had time to think about and decide it wasn't very wise.  I realized that a 20 something stranger from Craigslist was unlikely to have an ulterior-motive free interest in a 40-something pretty homely looking dude.  

Unluckily I accidentally allowed my real name to slip out there.  At least the pictures I sent were very innocuous - nothing that could come back haunt me and fairly camouflaged.  But the fact that I even have to think about it shows just how foolish our sexual natures can make us.  I just sigh.  I guess I was born to live a celibate life.  Does that fact that I've never had sex make me less of a man?  I sure feel like it does.




"Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."
Fred Brooks (1931)
  




And Another Thing:  Why in the hell can't I figure out how to fold a fitted sheet?  I always end up with a wad I just throw in the closet.

6 comments:

  1. Fitted sheets are sin. They are the worst thing ever. The WORST.

    Back on the real topic at hand, awhile ago I was kissing a gentleman I met on a dating site. He invited me back to his apartment and I balked a little bit before telling him I had my v-card still and he responded with a lot of respect. He said that it was an uncommon thing in men within our age bracket and orientation and that it was admirable and I should continue waiting till I found the right guy, which I appended to mean "person," since I'm still not sure.

    Same praise and advice applies to you, I'd say. Also, I understand your point. I'd never try and meet a guy online unless I was being sexually foolish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, dang, thanks for the praise although it's a bit misplaced. First, I did some foolish things when I was younger just not what I consider THE thing - and there is lively debate about what constitutes doing "it" as a gay man. Second, the lack of "it" doing is more laziness and cowardice.

      Thanks for your comments. I appreciate consistent perspective of a younger guy. The viewpoint of a different generation is information.

      Delete
  2. If you can fold a fitted sheet you're a witch! (saw what somewhere).

    As to the other situation, all I can tell you is to follow your gut instinct and it is probably going to be right about 99% of the time--and no, you're not less of a man, don't think that at all!
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then I'm not a witch for sure.

      As to trusting instinct, my next post is for you.

      Thanks for the input Miguel. You, GMP and Adrian seem to be about the only ones who read my blog. Which is ok because I write it for me. But I still like hearing from you!

      Delete
  3. Thought I would let you know I am still lurking around keeping an eye out for your posts.

    The trouble with realizing that I was gay so late in life is the crazy feeling and thoughts that I feel, so many "what ifs". I have been tempted just a few times to meet up with a complete stranger that I met online. Thankfully I didn't act on any of them. But I will always wonder what I could have experienced if I had known much sooner in life that I was gay.

    I would like to meet personally some of my blogs followers. ThIt would be nice. They have become close to me, as close as you can be with someone that you never have seen or touched. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are still around! It was fun seeing a post form you again.

    On the subject of meeting other bloggers, here's old post on the subject: http://controllerone.blogspot.com/2012/02/meeting-other-bloggers-mistake.html.

    I have come to think it's worth it by the way. I just take a chance that I might have a bad experience.

    ReplyDelete