1. I just got my motorcycle license this year.
2. I ride a Harley Davidson Superlow 883.
3. I love Jeeps. I have owned three Grand Cherokees and one Commander over the last 13 years.
4. This is the first time in 13 years that I have not owned a vehicle with a V8 engine.
5. I like driving a manual transmission vehicle although it's been a while since I owned one.
6. I love cars (duh).
7. I sometimes build "wind tunnels" in my bed by taking a really large sheet, fastening it around the perimeter of the bed with binder clips, attaching an end to a powerful fan and turning it on. I love the sound and feeling and snuggle deep into the covers.
8. My two beagles are almost the most important things in my life. They share their bed with me - but get cranky when the wind tunnel goes up.
9. I love Lego. Mostly the Architecture series (the Eiffel Tower comes out on New Years day!), but I like the Volkswagen ones too (I have a Bug and a Camper Van).
10. I own many, many digital cameras and love photography. My collection includes DSLRs (Canon 60D and Pentax K5 - the favorite), Micro Four Thirds mirrorless interchangeable lens system camera's (Olympus OMD-5 - the favorite, EP2, EPL2 and Panasonic Lumix GX1 and G3) and larger sensor point and shoots (Sony RSC-100 - the favorite and Panasonic Lumix LX3). That's after I sold a couple!
11. I spend ridiculous, illogical sums of money on vehicles and cameras but I refuse to pay for satellite or cable, so I only have over-the-air channels, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
12. I can practically recite Caddyshack verbatim.
13. My favorite shows are The Walking Dead, Shameless (American Version) and The Goldbergs.
14. I love practically any version of A Christmas Carol and will watch them several times each year.
15. I've never had sex, with anyone else that is, but I'm certainly open to offers.....
It's been a while since the MoHo blogging world has shared fun facts. Anyone care to join me?
I like your Harley. How does it ride? I like the looks of it and also the Forty-Eight but have not taken a test drive on either. If I had the money, I would LOVE to buy the Tri Glide Ultra, but cannot justify spending $33,000 for it- that would be insane.
ReplyDeleteYou are a man of many talents- wow, you know more about cameras and photography that I will EVER know. I would love to see some of your work.
Happy New Year to you... hope you have fun with the Legos. And, maybe once I have a chance to give it some thought, I will write a post similar to yours with some "unknown" facts about me... maybe... :)
You sound happy. And, that makes me feel happy... I have worried about you. I always want you to be safe and sound... you know, sound as in, not hurt or anything like that, OK?!! :)
I'd love to see some photos of your bike...
Hi Duck,
DeleteI like the way it rides with one exception. It's the "Superlow" meaning it's the "girl" Harley, designed for those shorter in stature like yours truly. So easy on an off, no tippy-toes at the stoplights and mid pegs. I like all of that, but sheesh it's easy to scrape the pegs. Not a big deal, just a little disconcerting the first couple of times.
Plenty of go form me but I don't have big requirements there. 70 on the freeway comfortably though you do find yourself reaching for the 6th gear. I also wish it had ABS, but that didn't come out as an option on my bike until 2014.
The Forty-Eight is very nice, but I real had a hard time picking between the Superlow and the Iron 883. Price wasn't a factor (within a few hundred dollars of each other), but in the end I went with more cruiser profile and the bigger tank. The Iron was like 3.5 gallons and that just seemed too little.
If you're coming up from a 250 or something like that I think the Superlow we be plenty of bike. Plus a fair amount cheaper to insure than the 1200.
Happy New Year to you also. I'm happy enough I suppose. Things are pretty good right now, but I'm a skeptic.
Thanks for the comment. Pictures of the bike will be up soon.
OK. I did it, wrote 15 things about me. (Here is the link to it: http://shuttheduckup1549.blogspot.com/2013/12/controller-one-inspired-15-things-about.html
ReplyDeleteWell you beat the heck out of me Duck. What a an interesting person you must be. I hope your friends and family in real life recognize that about you. I do for sure!
DeleteAnd thanks. So far you are the only one who cared to join me.
DeleteIt was great fun to join you- thank you for the invitation!! And, thank you for thinking I am interesting. Maybe that comes from living to be 194- one actually has a few things to share about herself. :) You are terrific. Love you! :)
DeleteAnd, thank you for ALL of the good motorcycle information. That really helps me, a lot, to have information from someone who has recently purchased versus a salesperson who will try to get me to buy anything. I am actually quite surprised that I can purchase a brand new Harley for the same price as a Honda. I would have thought the Harley would cost a whole bunch more. I really do wish I had the money to buy the trike, but that is just too much to pay for a bike.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to the pictures of your bike. Maybe there will be some pics with you on the bike, riding even?
Pictures will be posted tonight. I love that you have blown up the comments on this. I think I scared all the boys off with 15. Only the hot hip motorcycle riding youngster gals like you are participating!
DeleteThis list is at turns charming and disarmingly honest. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete