I'm thinking about taking my first real vacation in five years in June. And my first real trip involving any kind of travel - outside of business trips.
I've narrowed my choices to Glacier National Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. I love parks and have been reading The National Parks - America's Best Idea. I didn't realize how very unique the idea of a public park system like we have here in the U.S. was when it was first introduced about 150 years ago.
Thoughts? Suggestions regarding visiting either of them? Other park suggestions?
Id go with Glacier NP. It just sounds cooler. :) haha
ReplyDeleteyou could always do isle royale. Swimming is pretty nice in michigan lakes.
ReplyDeleteMy aunt has a cabin up at pictured rocks.
My favorite camping is near traverse city. Some of the lakes here look like they are made for swimming. So clear and blue you can see to the bottom.
Plus you can hear the loons. haha I never thought I would be plugging michigan tourism.
according to this video we have 11000 inland lakes, and plenty are awesome for swimming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmIDzD5S5YY
Um....Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce and Zion's come to mind (not that I have an ulterior motive to meet you in person, he, he!). I've never visited either of the two, but from experience, any national park in itself should be a great experience!
ReplyDeletehugs,pl
Never been to Glacier--but I have been to Rocky Mtn a few times. Loved it. The most amazing drives in the lower 48. You can't believe they built roads which literally run on peaks. So amazing.
ReplyDelete