Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just for Fun

This comes from a book of cartoons from the 1960s entitled "Latter-Day Laughs" by Stan and Elly Schoenfeld.  It has been around my house all of my life.  I tried to order a second volume from a used book store a while back, but was saddened to learn that the only copy they had  had already been sold.  Haven't been able to find a copy since.  If anyone knows anything about the authors or how to get a copy of the second volume, please let me know.

You might have to be just a little bit older to fully appreciate some of the cartoons in this book (topics include ward budgets, welfare farms and the panoply of meetings from the pre-block days), but they capture the flavor of LDS culture soooo well.  I will post them for fun from time to time, but for now here is my all time favorite:

2 comments:

  1. I havent heard of that book before. Ill definately have to check it out. I love funny comics and itll be interesting to see some LDS inspired ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best search engine for used/out-of-print books is http://used.addall.com There's a copy showing available now via Amazon (two listings, actually, but the second one looks like probably the same one, just listed separately through AmazonUK).

    ReplyDelete