Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ten Fantastic 2010 Events

In the spirit of being grateful for what I have, not bitter over what I do not have, here, in no particular order, is my top ten for 2010, plus a bonus:

1.  I got to go on a wonderful 10 day road trip to some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen.

2.  My best friend’s wife just had their third child, a healthy baby boy.

3.  My brothers, their children and I went on our first family vacation in longer than I can remember, a houseboat trip on Lake Shasta in Northern California.

4.  I have health insurance.  Ok, this isn’t an “event” but it’s still significant.

5.  My company had a good year so the entire administrative staff was treated to a four day cruise.

6.  My nephews decided that they will only let Uncle ControllerOne take them to get their haircut.  I love traditions.

7.  I’ve learned to exercise more and eat a little better.

8.  I met Public Loneliness and Sneakers in Sacrament.

9.  I got to see old friends, some who I hadn’t seen in 15 years or more.

Bonus:

I got to go to San Antonio and see the Riverwalk and the Alamo for the first time.

4 comments:

  1. The Riverwalk is an absolute blast, especially during Christmas! Wish I was a bit closer so I could join ya'll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Controller one, what does JP mean? You've got some "splaining" to do! :-)

    Meeting you last year was one of my top ten events, yeah probably as high as #2 or #3, I won't deny feeling lucky to have such a great friend in my life!
    hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "followed" JP's blog and became his 50th follower. He was returning the favor. I highly recommend his blog. Interesting young man. A good non-MOHO voice for some variety.

    ReplyDelete